Wednesday, November 25, 2009

5 days to go....

I am trying to get things ready for Monday, not there is a whole lot for me to do, just the usual. Had my mani-pedi yesterday, this time, there is a new rule, no colored nail polish.....WTF??? So I had to go with clear. Yes, this should be my biggest "problem"!! Today is waxing day, which I am even more sure I need after seeing Jess's pics! I think psychologically, with surgery, you as the patient have no control over anything, so you begin to try to control the little you can! And if you're like me, and slightly OCD, this is what happens!!!!

I am also a little bit nervous because we are going to Boston today for Thanksgiving and don't plan on being home until Sunday, the day before surgery. This has me feeling slightly anxious, but I guess my mind will be better occupied there and I will have less time to worry, and more time to chase Z up and down the steps!

We are all good with the NSAIDs and I have been "ordered" by my GI to think positive thoughts and hopefully I won't have a flare-up. On the up-side, in the event that I do have a flare up, I will be on Vicodin, so it should minimize the discomfort!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck monday, susie! they say the 3rd time is the charm...at least that is what i am hoping! let us know how it goes.
soccermom

Jess said...

LOL Susie, enjoy your final few days of freedom!
The no coloured nail polish thing is because of the pulse oximeter they put on your finger to measure the O2 saturation in your blood, coloured nail polish causes it to give a false reading.
LOL I was mortified when I saw my pics too...I guess they do it all the time so they don't care (like me shaving dogs testicles for a neuter prep lol its just another body part and you don't even think about it).
Hoping the NSAIDs work for you. Sometimes they can prescribe something else to protect the stomach at the same time, you might want to ask about this?
Now go and enjoy yourself!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Susie...
I'll be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers for a final, positive outcome.

Kiddo had her injections/MRI today...she did really well. Hotels suck for holidays though! =)

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family~
SHC

Anonymous said...

Susie,
Totally didn't need to see pictures of the traction table. I'm pretty sure THAT is the worst part of this whole surgical experience. At least there's Versed.

Good luck Monday!

CJ

Kim said...

kitty1123good luck kiddo. They can give you IV meds for GI issues. Be sure and ask. You have helped all of us with your insight and other help. GlaWe are here for you now.

SJ said...

LOL..I never thought about do a mani and waxing before surgery but good plan..I always get my hair done..but I like the way you think..It will all be doneand over w/ soon enough and hopefully it will be the LAST one!! Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

-sarah :)

Sloan said...

Good luck Suzie. Hoping this one is the charm for you. Sending positive vibes and prayers your way.