Thursday, November 19, 2009

Reflexology

Yes, I bit the bullet and tried something "different" today. On the advice of a patient, I was told it is very relaxing. I have been having a ton of anxiety, like, to the point that I would probably benefit from being medicated at times. It has been so bad that my heart starts racing and my chest feels tight, I guess like a panic attack, only a minor and manageable version.

So I chose a 30 minute session. I have never done this before so I asked the reflexologist if she has a "routine" that she uses or if she kind of feels around for points and works on those. Her answer was basically both. It was very relaxing until she found a huge knot in one spot. She started working on it and said it was the spot that corresponded to the heart, lungs and chest. Weird, but kind of cool given my symptoms. She found one more spot that is the back/ sciatic nerve area....I told her I don't have back pain but do have hip pain, she figured that this point corresponded to the hip. Who knows but I do feel very relaxed and with less anxiety. Now if only I could get a reply concerning my CT I would feel ALOT better!!!

4 comments:

Funnelcloud Rachel said...

Hmmm...I might have to try this. I'm right there with you with the anxiety thing. :(

Sue Todd said...

If you had tried a full hour you would have achieved an even deeper level of relaxation. Half hour sessions don't allow the body to reach the same level of relaxation. You are just starting to relax and enter homeostasis (this is when healing can take place)and the session is over. Many reflexologist simply don't offer half hour sessions because the results don't happen because the session is too short.

Sloan said...

If it wasn't for my myofascia/massage theraphy once to twice a week I would be an animal. It does help with my anxieties trying to figure things out.S

Vanessa said...

I had a full blown panic attack 4 days before my surgery and was admitted into the chest pain center at the hospital for 24 hours!!
I should have tried this:)

vanessa