Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Close Your Eyes and Imagine a High Pitched Scream

That was me you were imagining. See, up until now, my pain has been manageable, and I was sure that once I knew I was having another hip arthroscopy, it would calm down and I would begin to question whether I was making the right decision or not. Luckily, I don't have to struggle with this since over the past 2 days, the pain has intensified to the point where I don't want to walk on my right leg.

I have no idea what is wrong now but I can no longer cross my right leg over my left leg without using my hands to lift it up, and I cannot even get into my "comfort position" of external rotation because that hurts like a bitch. So to put it simply, I don't know what the heck I did to it now...but things are going from bad to worse. (no, I was not breastfeeding)

2 comments:

Sloan said...

Dear Suzie. Forgot to mention when reading your post on when you reinjured the right hip,you were asking if anyone else had the same thing happen one and a half years later, remember when my left hip flared up a year later? You were very helpful with your advice. Come to find out much later that it was some inflamation from scar tissues breaking up. I was hoping it was that for you as well. Although like you I am having a little more issues. Started out in bed with the hubby(you know what I mean). I felt a pull in the hip joint and then later soreness in the front of hip. I just remember though that I wore heels(two and a half inch wedge) the night before although I did not do much walking. Only into the restaurant and back to my car.
Don't you just hate the mixed feelings that comes back when you feel familar pain again? Am hoping that it was from the nerve regeneration theraphy I did in my massage/ myofascia release. My guy seems to feel that the reason my right hip is acting up is because of my left hip(surgery). I will admit that I have been doing more and more on that hip and it has been getting stronger and stronger since I started seeing him last year March. I have been walking, running(not a lot one to two miles), one leg squatting, walking lounges( use to bother the knee) and boxing( great way to get rid of agression). My gait has improved tremendously and feel really good about this. So I am as well doing the wait and see and hope it is just a little tendonitis. I just started my blog as well but have a lot of working to do on it. God Bless

Jess said...

Ahh poos, even I don't feel that bad 2 days post op! Hope he can sort it out for you xx