Sunday, November 29, 2009

Almost Panicking

As Monday morning quickly approaches, my calm demeanor is going out the window. In the end, I decided to go with an early morning surgery. I got the call on Friday to be at the hospital at 7am for a 9am surgery. This seemed strange to me because my previous surgeries had all been at 8am, but the nurse assured me that I was the first case in that room.

A little while ago I got an email from a friend who works in the hospital, he had tried to help me get my "favorite" anesthesiologist. It turns out she is away next week. He also said that I do have the first case in the room I was assigned, but BK has 2 rooms that day. I don't even want to think about what this really means. But I was assured and reassured that there would be no residents working on me! I will just repeat this request on Monday!

We are still away for Thanksgiving but coming home first thing in the morning. I haven't worked since Tuesday and I have had less pain. The only thing I have started to have is pain with flexion/ER. Weird!

I will try my hardest to stay calm and collected for the next 36 hours...

(I hope this comes out ok, I am blogging on my blackberry)

4 comments:

Funnelcloud Rachel said...

Don't panic, Susie - you're a pro at this and soon you'll be recovering and have pain-free hips in no time!

Sloan said...

I am pretty sure that Dr. Kelly knows what you want and expect. Soon this will be behind you, get lots of positive reading, watch funny movies, drink a glass of wine with your hubby, watch your children play and remain as positive as you can be after all what is the alternative. The body will follow the mind. That is what I do whenever my anxieties are raging. We are all in your camp and will be praying for you in that operated room. God Bless Suzy.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Susie! I know what a hip scope is like; I had one almost 2 years ago. I wish you the best possible outcome -- pain-free hips and an end to the ongoing problems you have been having. I just found your blog today, and I'm so glad that I did. I've just found out my surgery claim was denied by UHC for being "unproven" (I had surgery for a cam impingement, with a femoroplasty and microfracture), and when you are up to it, I would like to take you up on your offer for contact info of higher-ups at UHC. I had my surgery 1 year and 9 months ago, and I just found out 2 weeks ago that my claim was denied and I owe my surgeon, Dr. Byrd, 10K! I'm shocked; this was paid for, over, and done, and -- surprise! -- UHC denied the claim and no one told me for almost 2 years...
Again, best wishes for a fast and full recovery.
When you are able, I can be reached at redmaryjane at gmail dot com. Thanks so much.

Kate.Mich said...

I just want to wish you luck tomorrow Susie. I hope this is the last time you have to go through this. Post an update on how everything goes when you feel up to it.