Sunday, December 16, 2007

(Trying to) Set Limits

I just got home from a wedding, I had to wear my sexy shoes of course. This is after I attended L's ballet recital this morning. When we got there, she was being shy and didn't want to practice her solo, which consisted of her following these commands from her teacher: 'Jump out, Jump in, Jump out, Jump in, Jump out, Jump in, Boogy Woogy Woogy'. She decided that she wanted mommy to do it with her. Ok, I though, how bad can 6 little jumps be? BAD. I am such an idiot. It seems I had forgotten that less than 5 weeks ago I had a chunk of femur shaved off, so even though it has been feeling great, jumping on it wouldn't be the smartest of things to do. I am probably at risk still for a femoral neck fracture. Stupid. Anyway, I did the jumping, in fleece lined Crocs. Normally, when I do stupid things (wow, I do stupid things often enough that I can say 'normally' when referring to them), I feel the effects later, either later in the day, that evening or in the morning. Not this time. I did my jumps, took a step and was hit with 'Stupid! Why did you do that?' Even J saw me from far away and asked what I was thinking. Sometimes, a mother has to do what a mother has to do. Did I do great damage? No. Probably just some irritation on my recently shaved bone, some inflammation, no big deal. I am guessing it will feel great in the AM (I am really really hoping this)!

We then went to a wedding tonight. I did not even attempt to dance (see, I don't always do stupid things). I sat a lot, and we even went home early since my babysitter called and said the kids weren't behaving!
I am sore now, in the groin (gasp....but I am ok), it is soreness, not pain, I will live!!! I will check back in in the AM with an update!

2 comments:

SSDNEM&Z said...

Susie, your blog is amazing & fascinating. I can't believe all this has been going on in your life. I have suddenly become a loyal reader and look forward to reading more about what will hopefully be a complete and eventually pain-free recovery.
-Samara

Susie said...

Thanks for reading Samara! It was great to 'meet up' again, I am addicted to Facebook!!!!!