Wednesday, December 26, 2007

I Think I Am Going to Become a PT Dropout

I have had it, for real this time. It has been 9 months, like a PT pregnancy, nausea and vomiting included, as well as back pain, skin marks and plenty of discomfort. I think I am doing amazingly well for 6 weeks, I am even considering going ice skating tomorrow. My only persistent issue is the 'invisible scar' pain. P worked on it today, without any progress. It is just a sore area, just anterior to the greater trochanter, across and diagonal, covering a good chunk of thigh. P did some ART there, thinking it was my sartorius, but this did not help either, other than to cause a lot of pain.

I am bored beyond belief with the exercises, my strength rocks, other than adductors, which measured today at 4-/5 on the right and 3+/5 on the left. I can technically work on this at home.

I am sooooo ready to go spinning but am still really sick. I may actually have to go to the doctor tomorrow, which poses a slight problem since I made a promise to myself when I had my sutures removed after scope #2 . (see that post if you really care :-)

So, if anyone has a solution for my invisible bruise, I would love an answer since it is extremely irritating and painful.

2 comments:

Alessea said...

Susie I know this probably sounds a bit stupid but have you treated it as if it was a bruise you can see? Have you tried Arnica? Its something you dont have to take and you can just rub it in 3 times a day where it hurts...I know people who swear by it, I dont know about that but if you are game to give it a try it cant hurt. I has lots of properties that may be of some benefit to you.

Oh and guess what...I got in to physio school!!!! I'm so excited!

Susie said...

YAY!! Congratulations!!! You are going to have a blast in PT school! Get some sleep now!

I have never heard of Arnica, I wonder if it goes by a different name here??? I will look into i.