Saturday, December 29, 2007

A Look Into the Past

My neighbor left me a trashy magazine at my door today. We had been discussing the Brittany Spear's sister pregnancy thing and she mentioned that she had bought OK magazine bc it featured a story on it. I read the story (nothing out of the ordinary for a teenage pregnancy) and then read my 2008 horoscope, honestly, this was my horoscope:
Health: Last year exacerbated health issues for many Cancers, mainly due to stress and demanding work schedules. This year, your health improves, and you should have more of that cherished nesting time. Add variety to your workouts.....

I wish I knew this a year ago and I would have been prepared! 2007 brought more doctor's visits, diagnostic tests, radiation exposure and surgeries than many people experience in a year.

I think I am not going to PT on Monday, and will soon take on the official 'dropout' status.I had better keep my mouth closed though. After my second surgery,P and I had discussed 'dropping out' at 6 weeks since I was doing so well but then I had the joint capsule/ psychotic psoas issue, as well as the whole 'revision BS'.

SHIT! I had though that it was 6 weeks out when that happened, and I was free and clear. Seems like it was closer to the 2 month mark......(color draining from my face) that whole episode and the next few days were awful, especially the next morning. But I will keep a positive attitude and keep plugging along.

On a more negative note, I am still soooo sick. I am definitely going to the doctor on Monday, there is no question that I have a raging sinus infection and NEED antibiotics. It is sad that I have an entire arsenal of narcotics here, I could easily maintain a healthy drug habit with all of my pills, but I lack a simple Z-pack!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

geee....a drop out, you are turning into one of your "non compliant" patients!!! :) :) don't you dred the label?? i quit pt 2 weeks ago. i figured so much of it i do at home. plus....my insurance starts over jan 1 and i will have to restart my deductible and copays!!! :(

are you doing a lot of your home program? what can you do aerobic wise??? please don't tell me to swim.... :)

sounds like your kids are like their mommy....

Susie said...

My grand PT routine is as follows:



Got it!!! It is pretty simple! I do nothing!! I will return to spinning as soon as my other issues clear. If I develop issues, I will go back to PT, my ego is not that big!!!