Monday, December 31, 2007

Why Can't Things Ever Be Perfect???

Yes, I span (spun? spinned?), I am beyond thrilled!!!
Yesterday, things in sinus infection world got bad. My eye got really red and swollen.....this was not good. Luckily, my brother in law is an opthamologist, so he came to my rescue. The redness and swelling were a result of the sinus infection, so he brought over antibiotics and a nasal spray. I have always though nasal sprays were gross, and I have always refused to use one....but I was desperate, and it made a huge difference!!! Since I felt slightly better today, I decided it was time to Spin!!!

The ride was great,I had NO HIP PAIN. It was incredible, I remember pre-op I would get right sided groin pain from riding, especially climbing. I didn't do any heavy climbing today, or any fast sprinting....I am not ready, but everything was painfree and fabulous.

I am still having the thigh tenderness though. It is still a problem if I lean with my thigh into a treatment table at work, or if one of the kids touched my leg. Otherwise, I can handle it. L had a playdate today, and it turns out the boy's father whose house she was at is a general surgeon who specializes in wound healing. I explained my situation to him, and asked his opinion. He said it may be a nicked nerve, and I should call my OS ASAP and get a 5% lidocaine patch for it. I did not call, I am obviously going to 'google' the heck out of 'lidocaine patch'. I have only seen them on patients with severe, uncontrollable pain. Basically, when there is nothing else to do for a patient and they get sent to pain management, they come back with these patches. Great! Just what I need!!
My ride exacerbated my pain/ tenderness...a lot. At first, it was not pain, but 'annoyingness', I can't think of a better word. It was not burning, aching, tingling, numb...possibly close to throbbing, but not really. Towards the end it became painful. Now it is back to annoyingness!!! Ahhhh!! Just when things were really starting to look good!!!!

My New Year's Resolution is to stay out of Dr. Kelly's OR!!!!! Or any OR for that matter!!!
Happy New Years 2008!!!

No comments: