Sunday, December 30, 2007

The True Test Drive....I give my Hip a B-

I had it this morning. I hate the winter, I hate the cold, I hate ice...I am from Miami....I left for college about 10 years ago and still long for warm weather.
I decided to take the kids out for a walk this morning, a real walk, in the double stroller. I don't think we had done that since my surgery, at least not this distance. I bundled everyone up, stuck them inside the stroller sleeping bags and headed out. The stroller must have weighed 100 lbs. They either got really big in the last 7 weeks or the added weight of winter gear is more than I imagined.

I did have some pain during my walk. Nothing crazy, but pain. Mostly the adductor insertion point, or possibly joint pain, it was hard to tell while I was walking and with all the clothes on. Also, my psoas acted up a bit. but now, 6 hours later, I am fine.

Last night, I had some time on my hands so I went through some old posts, August-November. I am shocked, things got pretty bad. How quickly we forget when things are better. How lucky I feel that I don't have that kind of pain and the emotional issues I went through those months, it absolutely sucked! I know that there are so many more people dealing with similar issues who are not so lucky (or persistent, pains in the ass) to get it taken care of so quickly. And even more people still searching for a diagnosis of their hip pain. It makes me sad. At least I hope that with my blog, more people will learn about their pain and symptoms and seek the appropriate care.

I know everyone is wondering what will become of my PT routine. I am a quitter!! I think I am taking a leave of absence for the time being and seeing how I fare. If I need it, I will be taken back in with open arms!! But the next few weeks will be difficult with the nanny issues, travelling etc, and I feel great! So I am taking the liberty of dropping out. I have not done anything on my own. I should, at the least, be working on my adductors since that is my 'weakest link'. I am not. I still have hopes to return to spinning, just as soon as I am not sick anymore. I can't even make it through the day without a nap at this point. I am calling the doctor tomorrow, regardless of anything!!!

No comments: