Thursday, December 20, 2007

Distracting Pain

I think I had some ass spasms today, as well as invisible bruise pain...but I am not too sure. My knees hurt so much that everything else pales in comparison.

I woke up and they still hurt,I think the left is worse than the right, but it changes. I went to acupuncture today, and it was actually pretty cool. I asked him to be careful when putting the needles in my leg bc of the MCL sprains. He asked if I wanted him to treat that too, so I said ok. He palpated around me knees and felt where it hurt, then he put some needles into my elbows and felt my knees again... most of the pain was gone. There was still an area that was painful, so he adjusted one of the elbow needles and it got better. All I can say is FREAKY. Unfortunately it did not have long lasting effects, they still hurt. I iced a little tonight but lost my icepack to an eager 3 year old.

Why is it that I, the PT, actually injured myself during PT.
This is a lesson to all of us....Listen to yourself. I told P I didn't think I could do that exercise...but I tried it anyway......STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

keep posting susie...it helps me a lot to know that i am not alone. i appreciate you putting your story out there.

Susie said...

I will! I need it more than anyone else, it is calming!! I usually don't post on fridays bc the days get too crazy though!!!
How is your 'bad' hip?

Anonymous said...

bad hip is terrible....

are your knees picking up yet??? mine took a beating for about 1-2 wks and then much better. did you have a cpm after surgery??? i did but i think that wore on my knee worse. i never had that cooky hip brace, i had to look that up. what the heck....that looked miserable.

for christmas i am asking for 5 minutes from my surgeon to address the bad hip...think santa will bring it for me???

bet your kids are getting excited...especially the 3 yr old. have a good holiday....

Susie said...

Knees are better, haven't exercised since last monday so that helps!!
I had a CPM, ice machine and brace for the first 2 surgeries but talked my way out of them for the 3rd!! the CPM is HUGE and the only purpose it served in my house was as a ride on toy for my kids ( see my posts from the first week of july for pics!), brace was useless as I could wiggle my way into positions it was supposed to prevent and ice machine was a pin to fill!
Have you called your OS about the new problem???

Anonymous said...

did not call the surgeon...figure he wouldn't do anything about it. see him in 2 wks...