Monday, December 10, 2007

First Day Back

I WENT TO WORK TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So...you want to know how it went? I actually had pain. Surprise? Not really, my job is pretty physical and was a killer pre-op. At first I was nervous bc I thought I had joint pain but it turned out to be adductor pain, which is, well, a pain, but manageable!
I was planning on taking Naprosyn when I got home (I know, big Crohn's no no) but ended up not needing it. So once again, I am flying high on life (yes, nothing else).
I skipped PT today since there was no way I was going to survive a day at work after therapy, so I will be going Wednesday only this week! We need to work on my abductor strength. I was demonstrating a step up/ down for a patient and noticed that my leg totally collapsed inward during the step down. I need to do that to head off the knee pain that will surely follow if not taken care of!

I will have P strength test me Wed. and give an update.

For those of you still having trouble, I do not mean to rub it in your faces. I have been there and want you to know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel! And when you get there, I will be there, cheering you on!

1 comment:

Funnelcloud Rachel said...

Oh, Susie, you are not rubbing it in our faces! You certainly deserve to finally have success with your hip! And we all know it's a long road to get there...