Wednesday, December 12, 2007

1 Month PT Measurements

Hip Flexion: R=4/5 L=5/5
Hip Abd: R=4-/5 L=4/5
Hip ER: R=4/5 L=4+/5
Hip IR: R=4/5 L=4+/5
Hip Ext: R=4/5 L=4/5

Not too shabby!!!! I think this is my all time best ever, even pre-op!! Yay, no impingement, no inhibition, nothing but strength!

Work today was better than Monday, no pain until the end of my day, and even then, it was slight. I think this is a huge improvement! If it wasn't so cold, I would be testing out my limits with the double stroller!
Manually, P worked on extension mobs since I am still pretty tight anteriorly, but it is getting better. Today, me exercises consisted of single leg walking on the treadmill, I stand on the left leg on the side of the treadmill and let the right leg move backwards on the belt to the endrange of my extension. I did walking squats with a red band, isometric hip abduction, Hip IR with a blue band, hip abduction with a blue band, isometric adduction with a small ball, bridges and modified single leg bridges, sidelying abduction with added hamstring curl and IR/ER rotation, clam shells and...........
8 STRAIGHT LEG RAISES

Holy shit!!!!!!!!! At 7 weeks out last time I couldn't do more than 1 1/2 SLR! This is amazing! I think Dr. Kelly added some special magic steroid so that he would never have to hear from me again!!!!! Who cares, this way we will both be happy!

THIRD TIME'S A CHARM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you!! I am 8 wks out and mine were taken yesterday....i still have a lot of "3's", whatever all it means. keep making progress....