Wednesday, January 20, 2010

6 (7) Week Appointment

Today was my follow up appointment with Dr. Kelly. I have had some concerns but they didn't seem to concern him. One of my concerns is that I don't have full hip flexion back yet. He said that for 6 (7) weeks, I am in a good place. I am concerned about the excessive ER I have, he just said not to push it. I am also concerned about pain I get in my thigh. He thinks it is muscle weakness, and the pain I get throughout the day is from fatigue and weakness. He did give a prescription for Flector patches for pain/ inflammation. I have been having crazy back pain lately, ever since I started having less hip pain. When I got home I put a patch on my back and it was like a miracle. I was supposed to check with my GI doc first about them but the pain was so excruciating I decided to try it first. I do have an email on to him about it though. I asked him of it was normal that my ankle swells when I am on my feet too much, to which he responded "no its not normal, my ankle doesn't swell", to which I replied "well, it didn't swell before the surgery". He thinks it may be from the traction. He gave me a prescription for Ted stockings for this, lovely.

Something I haven't discussed on my blog yet is the fact that my insurance company denied the surgery as of now, a $30k and $15k charge. He was not too concerned and told me to disregard bills sent from his office! This was a huge weight lifted off of my shoulders. Obviously there is still paperwork to be submitted, appeals, etc, but I feel better about it.

That's about it, anti-climactic, just how I like it. No need for MRIs, CTs, injections...just a follow up in 6 weeks!

No comments: