Thursday, January 31, 2008

A New Culprit

SARTORIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I waltzed into PT yesterday 40 minutes late and begged P to take me! He did luckily bc the tightness is making me insane. I aksed him to figure out something new, tear some tissue, break scar tissue, jump on my leg, surgically release it.......I was desperate and annoyed! After he calmed me down, he got to work. He palpated sartorius on each side and found it was more prominent on the right, more tight and more tender. Aha! So off he went to ART it and do his magic. He also continued with the PA mobs in prone with some ER followed by a serious hip flexor stretch with a dose of contract-relax. I felt amamzing when I finally had to get up and see patients. Best I have felt in a while!

Unfortunately, I worked a REALLY long day yesterday to cover someones vacation, and I am working today to cover as well, so after 8 hours straight on my feet, I was in pain and (gasp) limping a little. I am better this morning and getting ready for another long day in the office.

Interestingly, as P was working, he was feeling around my scope sites on my 'tender' area and it has become a little bit numb. Par for the course I guess. It still burns at times as well, and I keep forgetting to try the Lidocaine patches. Lets see if today I can remember!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it is true how the hip bone is connected to the whatever bone. i think bad hips make everything in the body ache.