Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Importance of PT (blah blah blah)

I returned to PT, again. I am going to stop being such a hotshot and STOP dropping out. I even made another appointment for Wednesday. See, I am having some joint capsule issues, yes, after hip arthroscopy, even 9 weeks later (or am I at 10....I have lost track) you can still have these ridiculous issues. It is a joke at this point, I am fixed, yet still having issues.

My capsule is so tight, P did work hard (thanks P) and is surprised at how tight I get. The mobility within the joint is poor (not my ROM, but the joint accessory motion), I am stiff. Since we are having so much fun already, m gait becomes stiff and I begin to lose extension, again. So I walk slightly 'off', and now my back hurts AHHHHHHHHH.

Luckily, it is stiffness in my back, and luckily, the people I work with are amazing and can quickly help me. Interestingly, the pain travels along my vertebrae. Yesterday, I pointed to where it hurt and P said it was L3-4. He did a manipulation on it, and it was better. Then my thoracic spine hurt, so I recruited another PT (I was too embarrassed to tell P something else hurt) so he manipulated my T-spine. I think every vertebrae 'popped' with one quick manip! When I got home, my lumbar spine hurt again and I really needed to 'crack it'. Clearly, J is not skilled or trained in this, so I have been doing this twisty rotation thing hoping to elicit a pop, I have not been all that successful.I did go on my foam roller for a while and it helped, but I need some PT too!

Back pain is worse than hip pain bc I can find few positions that alleviate it, other than lying on my stomach with a pillow under me.
And the fun continues! When will this end?
I do plan on ice skating this week though, back pain or no back pain.I had grand plans to go rock climbing this weekend but the gym I chose is closed for a competition, so it will have to wait! But I am so excited to do it again!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha.. you will be going ice skating with someone who is in worse shape than you!!! I think Dr. Kelly should come and stand on the side and chew gum while we skate!!
Amy