Thursday, January 24, 2008

Iceskating, Cold weather and the Expected Aftermath

We all ice skated yesterday. Amy gave L a 'lesson', although L was more interested in seeing the ice on her mitten after each fall, and Jk dragged me around the ice on his miniature ice skates! A good time was had my all (except Amy's ankle and my IT band).

Truth be told, my hip held up amazingly well, I had the tender spot issues last night and of course the capsule tightened up again. It also clicks, did I ever mention that? Not snapping or popping, but clicking, but not like the labral tear clicking. Scar tissue maybe? Who knows?

Very interesting (and quite painful actually)- I went out this afternoon to pick up L from school and right as I got into the cold, my joint tightened up and became painful. It did loosen as I continued to walk, but it was so weird that it just tightened like that.

At this point, my only issues seem to be the joint capsule tightening issue and the nerve damage/ tender area issue. It is a fair trade-off for being able to have my life back!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My TFL sucks and yes, my IT band is a mess too today. Ha Ha, Dr. Kelly e-mailed that he thought I was tough and amazed that we only lasted 20 minutes!!

Anonymous said...

you guys ARE crazy...are the extreme sports next??? :)