Thursday, January 10, 2008

Landsickness

No, I am not being facetious. I have friggin' land sickness. I have been off of the boat since Monday morning yet my body feels like I am rocking. Clearly, it is all in head, or brain, or ears...or something! I have discovered these acupressure sea bands that seem to be helping, but I have to always wear long sleeves to cover them up for fear of looking like a bigger lunatic than I already am!

The cruise was great, rock climbing was incredible. It was definitely a personal achievement, not bc I need to climb walls to feel accomplished, but my hip can handle it, which makes me feel awesome! Kudos to P and Dr. Kelly for making it happen!

At this point, things are great. I can feel like there is 'something' in my hips, the left one (6 months out) feels more 'confident' when I walk, run, ride....The right still has occasional adductor issues. Time will heal!

I am in limbo with PT! The day I left for the cruise was the same day as I had the horrible capsule issues after scope #2 (7 weeks, 5 days). That day, the joint capsule started tightening. Shit, I thought, its happening again. But I tried to stretch it as often and discreetly as possible (in the airport and on the plane) and warded off an attack by my angry joint capsule. I did take Darvocet that day, just to be sure I wouldn't have issues. I didn't take any again bc I was on vacation, without the kids, so drinking was a must :-) I even went off of my antibiotics for the weekend (I know, me being smart again).

I saw P on Wed., we focused mostly on joint mobs for the capsule, we are definitely being preventative on this. I have no appointments set up for the future right now. We will play it by ear. I have not been on my bike since returning due to my dizziness issue, which sucks, although I think it is better than nausea bc I can function for the most part, and I am not throwing up (knock on wood). If by Sat. I still feel dizzy, I will ride anyway. My goal for 2008 is not to see doctors...dizziness included!

When I first began my 'hipscope research', there were so few success stories. I am proud to be a success story x 2!
p
Stay tuned.....The Cost of Hip Arthorscopy....coming the next time I post!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Suzie its Amanda the 27 yr old south Florida who had two hip scopes already...the first one in aug...the right side and he went into both sides in oct. I know its still early but I have worst pain then before really regretting having the surgery! I'm still in P.T 3 times a week! My ankles and feet are so swollen by the time I get home from work my shoes don't fit me. My large scar on the right hip from the I.T band release and removal of the throc. bursa has already attached to the muscle and is hard as a rock! My Pt has been using this suction tool use for snake bites...weird I know...but nothing is helping! They still snap catch pain in groin.. I can't keep doing P.T bc of I ran out. Any suggestions on what a gal should do? Thanks Amanda:)