Monday, January 14, 2008

Rain, Rain Go Away

I woke up early this morning, anticipating 6 inches of snow, so I had to give myself plenty of time to dig out my car and make it to work. I woke up to rain. Yuck. But better than snow! It rained all day, it was a dreary, cold, January day in New York. The weather made my hip feel achey. Like an old lady. I could 'feel the rain'.

I was hoping for a snow day, the office would have been slow, yesterday we all took a continuing education course, so a slow day would have been great for practicing! But what I got was a rainy, achey day.

Being that I was at my office yesterday, and P was there too, I took advantage and had him mob my hip. I have been getting tight again, the same joint capsule, stiffy feeling. Not the clamping down feeling, more like tight and stiff. So he worked his magic and I was happy. I don't think that counts as 'PT', so I am putting myself back into dropout status.

My tender area near the top of my thigh, around my scope sites miraculously got better the day I picked up the Lidocaine patches. It is not 100%, but it has gotten better. I have been having some burning too, in the tender area as well as directly above my knee, where I was numb immediately post-op. I have not tried the patches yet.

To add to all of this fun, I think I am entering into a Crohn's flare-up. I have upped my meds and will self treat for the time being! I had a feeling it was coming, I have been exhausted the past few days and wasn't too sure why. Now I know!

Maybe we will have a snow day later in the week and can practice our new techniques. I finished a continuing education course yesterday and signed up for a new one in April. I think I will be going alone though. It will be difficult to go with no friends, especially since I am always embarrassed at all of my postural 'dysfunctions'! Yesterday, I was having trouble with my hand placement for a technique, so the instructor came over to help me and asked if I could pronate my wrist more, since it looked like I wasn't fully pronated....Nope...I am tight all over!!!! Oh well, I still 'got it', and now officially work for the best PT practice in my area, as voted so by the residents!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are in denial... a PT worked on you... you did pt with no exercises.. Just the the PT I am going through for my back!!

Susie said...

PT is just as much about the exercise as the manual!! :-)