Sunday, January 27, 2008

Thank Goodness Tomorrow is Monday

I think this has been the longest weekend of my life. Let me explain.....My parents have had a trip planned to NY for a while, they were going to stay with us and my aunt and uncle decided to tag along too to see the kiddies. As luck would have it, my sister in law gave birth to twins this week, which has turned things completely upside down. See, Jewish people don't just have babies, they have babies then have parties and celebrations galore. So to join in the celebration, J's older sister plus hubby and 3 kids came to NY....and stayed with us. My parents ended up at a hotel. I hosted Friday night dinner and Saturday lunch here for 11. Plus a Tupperware party tonight (planned ages ago). So.....after cooking, serving, cleaning, dealing with family 'politics' and wearing heels ALOT, I think I am ready to cut off my right leg. We are having a huge issue bc it does not like when I wear heels, and, well, at this point, I am soooooo wearing heels. We are 2 1/2 months out from my revision scope, this is ridiculous. Even my ITB is screaming at me today, pleading with me to retire my high heeled boots (they are so cute, with a little flower on the side!)

Friday night, I wore wedges to the baby party. I had so much pain, I wanted to cry. I left the party early, using the excuse that Jk had to go to bed, and was fine in the AM. But I really had groin pain, I don't think it was like pre-op pain, more adductors, psoas pain and of course capsule pain too. Saturday, I wore those shoes again, hell is all I can think to describe the state of my hip. Today I donned the cute boots, hell, changed into Uggs for an outing to the zoo, better, but not great, and then high heeled boots again for my party! I am in bed with so much soreness now, not so much pain anymore, but soreness. Adductors, ITB, TFL, all a mess.

To add to the fun and excitement, my numb/tender areas are burning again. If I can get it together enough, I will try a lidocaine patch tomorrow for work. But I am so tired, I dont know if I will remember! As I type, my eyes are closing....so, you get the picture, I overdid it this weekend in a housewife type of way!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you will never learn with the shoes!! CLOGS RULE!!

Anonymous said...

alright...i was thinking i would try a heel, but i think not. i will learn from your experience!

Anonymous said...

who the hell wears heels to a tupperware party. i thought youre supposed to wear aprons, houseslippers and other housewife-esque things.

Susie said...

Anonymous- clearly you haven't read enough of my blog to know that of course I wear heels to a tupperware party!

Anonymous said...

cute shoes should be worn ANYWHERE!!! heel or not, right? :)