Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Just To Keep everyone on the Edge of Their Seats...

My hip hurts. I am pretty sure the muscles are acting up, but I am f___ing annoyed. See, we are past this. It is like a relationship, we should be done with the awkward, getting to know you part, and be on to the 'romantic walks on the beach', or rock climbing and spinning together. I have yet to 'poke around' the area to figure it out. Yes, instead of sitting my lazy butt in front of the computer, I should be stretching, but I had such a great ride tonight I want to relax a little.

Maybe it is wishful thinking (I am rambling again...I know), but before the FAI was bulldozed out, I could literally take my index finger and point to where the pain was. This pain is readily identified with the entire pinky side of my hand, from the tip of my finger to my wrist, right in the joint crease.

Also, pesky adductor is acting up again. I need to get off of the computer and stretch....I did make an appointment to see P on Friday morning, which means I am, once again, not a PT dropout. Lets keep me at PT PRN status. I actually received a prescription from a doctor today which said PT at 'my discretion'! So I am doing the same....but for myself.

I play this game called 'what if I was my own patient', to see how I would handle this muscle issue. Firstly, I would not approve of rock climbing or ice skating yet. Maybe spinning, but low-level. Definitely not what I have been doing some nights, like tonight. Did I mention I hurt more now that I am off of the bike than I did before I got on? Oops, I left out some important details. I also had a crazy day at work plus I cooked dinner for 2 other families tonight. Ok, so maybe I don't practice what I would otherwise preach. But this hip shit is getting really old.

No comments: