Sunday, February 3, 2008

Turning the Bend

I think tomorrow is 12 weeks post-op, wow, how time flies when you are having fun! I can't believe I have had the privilege of experiencing 3 hip arthroscopies, how did I ever get so lucky!
Thankfully, everything went super this last time! I attended PT a whopping 3 times this week, I guess that takes care of the dropout status, for now anyway. J is traveling this week so I won't be making it in early to have P work on me, so this week I revert to drop-out status once again. The only thing is, I may really need P tomorrow. My SI joint is giving me grief this week. It was giving him grief as well Friday, I asked him to manipulate it, which is a high velocity, low amplitude thrust that if done correctly, will generally result in a "pop". I am generally a great "popper" but it would not go for him. I was so sore all day Friday and Saturday as well. Today it feels better but I am keeping my fingers crossed that it remains like this. SI pain stinks, I develop a deep achiness right along my PSIS. It is definitely not my first bout of SI pain though, at one pint in time, I had taught J how to fix it for me, the only trouble this time is that I am not sure what type of dysfunction I am having so cannot instruct him in correcting it. I find that in the past, I am always developing 'issues' on the weekend, when I have no access to 'help'! SI joint issues are a small price to pay for hip relief, and I will take this any time over groin pain, losing my mind, and another surgery!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too have had three hip scopes on the same hip though. My last one was almost four years ago and my whole body is soar. My hands, elbows, neck, back. Any similar problems for you?

Shawn

jeff said...

Shawn- wow, 3 on 1 hip, you beat me. I am 5 months out from my last scope and not experiencing anything like you are describing, doesn't sound like it is hip related though.

Susie said...

Shawn- wow, 3 on 1 hip, you beat me. I am 5 months out from my last scope and not experiencing anything like you are describing, doesn't sound like it is hip related though.

Susie said...

Sorry- I am using my brother's laptop and he was logged in and I have no idea how to delete a comment