Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The New Plan

I spoke with Dr K earlier tonight regarding my injection and funky reaction. Of course he has never seen this happen before, the only possible thing he can attribute this to is some high signal in the capsule on the MRI. Given no other signs, and given the reaction to the injection, he does not think that Synvisc is the way to go at this time. He would rather I try a Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) injection into the capsule and then see him 4 weeks later.

I am ok with this. Actually, I am so desperate to be pain free I would have agreed to pretty much anything at this point! Now the question is how long until his office can make this happen!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pardon my stupidity...what exactly does a "high signal" in an mri mean?
curious...

Susie said...

I think it points to a problem or abnormality