Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Injection # 5...over

A huge sigh of relief! My injection into the joint was about 5 1/2 hours ago. I have to say that the radiologist who does all of my injections is truly first class. He is so gentle and thorough. 2 hours ago I was completely pain free, it was such a wonderful feeling. Now the marcaine is beginning to wear off, I hope I am not in for a hellish night.

The injection went very smoothly. First he moved my hip around into deep flexion, then flexion with IR, then flexion with ER. I had to rate each position using a pain scale. Pre-injection I rated 5, 10 and 0 respectively.

He then marked the areas he did not want to inject and the area he did want to, injected a local to numb the skin, again, so gently. Then the big needle. It wasn't bad at all. Yes, I felt it, but it was a piece of cake. He then injected some contrast material and took an xray to see where the contrast went. It all kind of pooled around the femoral neck. He pulled up my old films and explained that he didn't like what he saw because last time, the contrast material moved more medially and did not pool like that. He decided to reposition the needle. Ugh. But again, it was not bad at all, and this time, the contrast spread as it was supposed to.

He injected everything in, gave it time to settle, and retested my hip ROM. This time, my pain was 0, 0 and 0.

So now what??

Hopefully, the pain will just go away, and never come back, and this was just a blip on the radar of successful hip arthroscopies!!!

3 comments:

lou1982 said...

Hiya Hun,

Reading your post is soooo interesting, similar to my dads story.

I wanted to ask you about the landsickness you had last year. I have been off a week long boat trip for nearly 3 days and although the rocking has subsided, I still feel it a little, and ears feel a bit wierd etc... How long did yours last in the end?

Thanks!

Louise!

Susie said...

I think it was less than a week. I used Sea-bands when I got home and they did seem to help. I think I may have taken Dramamine too. Someone recomended ginger capsules but I didn't take them. I have not gone back on a cruise since bc I am so scared!

lou1982 said...

I am with you there... I will never be going on a boat EVER again... rocking is subsiding, am laying on bed now and feel ok... do have some problems when moving about tho... Massive headahe too - real tension type one pulling my head back - think it's where I have been so stressed about it... fingers crossed a few more days...

How is the leg?