Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Still Waiting

It has been 6 days since I spoke with Dr. Kelly regarding the "new plan". I have not been able to schedule the injection yet. I finally got around to calling his office today, there seems to be a conflict regarding the vendor of the machine for the PRP and which hospital uses which (big fat mess). There may be a possibility that the radiologist who has been doing my injections will not be able to do this one because his hospital uses the "other" vendor. As usual, red tape and silly delays.

In the meantime, I am truly miserable. I am in so much pain a lot of the time, and having ass pain again. Feeling like I am back to square one is taking an emotional toll on me and I am just worn out. I don't even know if I agree that my pain is being caused by the joint capsule having a problem. My pain is the same as it was pre-op, I have pain with flexion and internal rotation and I have lost most of my active internal rotation on that side. I am really concerned. I am sure, positive actually, that all of the impingement was removed during my last surgery. I don't think I would have had such a great year and a half, and pregnancy and delivery, but what is going on now? He did mention that it is possible for the bone to grow back, but that just seems insane to me.

And if it did, then what? why would removing it again guarantee me that it wouldn't happen again?? And why does my ass hurt?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you need to write more about your brothers progress. You really depress me. can he guest blog or at least keep us up to date. He seems to handle the pain and recovery better than you. anyways, feel better and remember, dont hesitate amputate. although that would be a toughy considering youd have to amputate above the joint capsule.You dont see that too often

Gucci Mama said...

Dear Anonymous,
You need to refrain from being an ass. Cram it, if you please.
Best,
A First Time Reader

Now then, I just found you from BlogHer so I'm still catching up on the story, but wow! I feel for you! I hope things begin to look up soon. I'll be back...

Anonymous said...

i just found your blog as well...neeed to catch it all but...I SO FEEL YOUR FRUSTRATION AND PAIN!!! I had four back surgies and the last being a 360 fusion( i had severe ddd and 2 herniated discs)...then i was having groin pain again,..so i thought uh oh!!! my damn back ...but nooo...finally after all these years found out the groin pain ws from my hip...did the xrays, mri...have a cyst in the hip socket and labral tear!!! tried the injection on 7/19 and now the past few days I CAN NOT TAKE THE PAIN in the front of my thigh, a deep aching pain and my lower back...i feel like the pain is going thru my back to my pelvic area!!! IS THIS FROM THE TEAR????

Susie said...

It could be. If the injection took the pain away then I would say yes. I have a patient who was in a car accident a few years ago and initially had a discectomy done bc she had groin pain. The pain did not go away so she had a laminectomy, pain did not go away. At that point she started seeing me and I begged her to get her hip checked out. She was bone on bone on x-ray, MRI revealed dysplasia, FAI, torn labrum. She tried for hip resurfacing but the surgeon could not do it so she ended up with a THR and her pain went away. It makes me so angry that people have to go through so much to get a diagnosis and proper treatment.

On a brighter note, my brother has agreed to do a guest blog, lets see if he can get it in in a timely manner!