Sunday, June 1, 2008

11 Month Update

I am now 11 months post hip arthroscopy #2, the first and only surgery on the left hip. On most days, I would never think I had surgery on that leg. What effects me the most these days is that it is pool season and I am not thrilled with the vampire bite scars on my leg. I know last week there was the slight medial issue, I have not had it since, and I can say I am thrilled thrilled thrilled with it. I have no idea what the ROM is, or what the strength is, functionally, it is amazing and that is all that matters.I don't care if I am lacking some IR, or some flexion, there is nothing in life I currently cannot do bc of this hip.

I would love to x-ray my hips, and see what they look like now, see if arthritis is beginning to set in, what the shape is like....I have not had post-op x-rays, the closest I have come is an OR x-ray on the right side to show the "funky cam impingement" before and after! X-rays will have to wait!
All I can say is thank you Dr. Kelly!!!!

4 comments:

Jess said...

Yayyyy! This is good news, I am so glad that things are good for you! If you are concerned about the appearance of your scars you could try something like Bio Oil or vitamin E. Even better advice though, don't worry about what other people think, most of them don't anyway ;-) Enjoy your summer!
xxx

Anonymous said...

too bad they couldn't use those scope sites for liposuction, eh? lord knows i now have 10 holes in my thighs between the two sides.

congrats to you, susie!! almost like an AA meeting or something but such a milestone for those of us that "know".

enjoy your terrific summer with good hips this year.
soccermom

Anonymous said...

Hello! I have really enjoyed reading your blogs i am scheduled to have surgery with Dr. kelley this December. i have been running and competing with a labrum tear since last winter and I cannot wait to feel better again! however my psoas tendon is very swollen and i am getting it released? do you know how much longer recovery will be? I just got a cortisone shot to finish up the rest of the running season..but it has not made to much of a difference :( . did you ahve to wear a hip brace after surgery?

Susie said...

Everyone is different so the recovery time varies from person to person. There are people who have had their psoas released and healed quicker than I did. You will have to wear a hip brace afterwards, regardless of whether he releases your psoas or not! Good luck with surgery!