Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Am I Being Ridiculous? Neurotic? Or Just Plain Naive?

My activity level has increased slighlty over the past few days in the way of walking but decreased in the way of spinning due to some other things going on (I won't get into that yet).

I have had some pain on my right side that bothered me a few days ago, and I wondered if I was going crazy. I had some medial sided pain, but the usual anterior medial, it is purely medial hip pain. It is not bad at all, but being that I am generally not in pain or discomfort, this was slightly disconcerting. It happenned Sunday, and then Sunday night, my leg felt tired, as I lay in bed. It started up again yesterday,and today,I walked about 80 city blocks and experienced it again.

Yes, 80 blocks is excessive, am I asking too much of my hip? I am not sure what is going on other than some crazy hormonal shit at the same time (not getting into it though), I did wear my Danskos all day to prevent knee and hip pain.

Obviously, I know things will never be perfect again, and I am nitpicking here bc things have been so great, I just want NO DISCOMFORT at all.

I do try to not think about the fact that this hip will eventually deteriorate into a nasty case of arthritis, but when I do, I hope and pray that this is not the beginning of it. I know, I need to chill out, but I am very "high maintenance".

No comments: