Sunday, June 8, 2008

Funky Popping Going On

Every now and then, I will go sit on a low chair and POP, something (psoas?) will pop/ snap in one of my hips. It doesn't hurt but is rather loud.

Yesterday took the cake! Try to picture this. I was lying in bed, on my right side, very close to the edge of the right side of the bed. I let my right leg slowly hang of the bed (don't know what I was doing) and pop, pop. 2 pops in the hip (psoas). So I tried to re-evaluate what had happened, and came to he conclusion that I had internally rotated the right leg and then it popped. Which led me to wonder if it really was the psoas, or rather some old scar tissue.

I know, I have way too much on my hands!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

my good hip (fai, labral resection 1x only) does a funky click/pop too but i know mine is not psoas over there. it doesn't hurt, but it can sure freak me out...thinking, OMG...do i need another hip surgery??? i try to convince myself it is just because it has been through surgery and will never be quite the same.
soccermom

Jess said...

I too have the same thing. Sometimes it's so loud that people go "oh my god, what was that, was that your hip?". Most of the time it doesn't hurt so I try not to worry about it...but it can be hard to ignore these things after going through so much to have them fixed!

Anonymous said...

It's your psoas!! Run to Dr. Kelly and get it released!! Swallow your pride, he was right!!

Just kidding!

Amy

Anonymous said...

there isn't a part of my body that doesn't pop or click or make some strange noise on a daily basis.
it's just what it is, don't worry about it :-)

while i was typing this my elbow popped and my neck cracked! ho hum.

Susie said...

I know it is just going to be something I have to learn to live with and will be part of my hips forever (I wonder if it will go away with a total hip replacement??) As long as it remains painless, I will handle the freaky factor!