Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Close Call

Being that I am "so over" the hip hype, I occasionally wear shoes that are not befitting someone who has had 3 hip surgeries and a bad knee. Occasionally, fashion comes first. Yesterday was one of these days, the fashion required 4" heels. I have to say I did really well until the last 15 minutes of heel time.

I was crossing the street with J, when all of a sudden, I heard/ felt one of my infamous hip cracks, but I was standing on the leg, not sitting down or moving it. It was during the stance phase of gait, and then, for a quick second, my leg almost gave out on me. It happened so quickly I don't think J noticed, but for that moment, horrible thoughts went through my mind, including, but not limited to a fracture. And then, just as quickly as it happened, it was over, I made it to the sidewalk with no further incident.

Scar tissue? Psoas? Who knows. I am fine, my hips are fine, if just a bit rattled!

No comments: