Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Woe is Us

To even the playing field around here, J has a possible torn meniscus. You would think orthopaedic issues were contagious. He did something yesterday and heard or felt a pop, and today, he has been complaining of clicking and locking and and medial sided pain. He also has pain with palpation to the medial joint line. Tonight, he couldn't put Jk to bed bc "his knee hurt", couldn't change a diaper and had to take the car to go 8 blocks to a friend's house (to watch a basketball game). Just as a reminder (J), I never stopped my "motherly responsibility" during a year of hip shit, 3 surgeries and a crap load of PT. So, either a) suck it up b)make an appointment with an OS to have it checked out, and suck it up or c)keep complaining to me but suck it up anyway. Or maybe I can throw back some of the lines you gave me:
"Why do you have to look for problems?"
"I really think there is something seriosly wrong with you"
"Do you need surgery...AGAIN?"
"It can't be that bad, you don't even limp"
"Can you get off of the computer, stop blogging and stop looking for articles"
"You are crazy" (said in reference to many other things)

I told J to wait a week, if he does not feel better, make an appt with Dr. Kelly. He said he does not want to see Dr. Kelly bc he is afraid that I will have to contradict everything he says, and bc he is afraid he doesn't like me bc I am so opinionated. Haha

3 comments:

Jess said...

...what goes around comes around eh! Why do men have to grizzle so much, here's a video that'll make you chuckle :-)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rXLHWmjA5IE

Susie said...

That is the hysterical, I wil make sure to send it to him!

Anonymous said...

i am sending your blog to my husband....you are the funniest person in the world!!! i do hope poor J feels better. it is different when men are hurt, though.
soccermom