Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Woe Is Us Part Deux

My Turn!
If I ever doubted that the entire body is connected and works as one impressive chain, today would have changed my mind.
I have been having incredible muscle pain over the past few days, it hasn't been this bad in a while. Yesterday and today I have been dealing with the right side (2 scopes), I feel my psoas pulling at my vertebrae again, and then I get awful pain on medial side of my thigh, not quite groin. This is palpable too. I am so stiff and clicky as well.
Yesterday was a sore day. As I was waiting for the elevator to go down and pick L up at school, I started stretching and trying to get my hip to extend, and hopefully stretch, or possibly break up scar tissue. I got it to pop, but then it hurt. It did get better at some point, I don't remember exactly when or what happened. Which leads me to beleive it was scar tissue
Today, that side was a mess again. I felt like my hip was so tight I was losing extension again, like in the early pre-op days. I did the "stool stretch", where I put my knee on a rolling stool and stretch my leg out behind me. It felt good, I got up to walk, and my right knee was a disaster (i.e. the good knee), I was limping for a while. This too, cleared up, but the hip remains tight.

Like the uncompliant,impatient patient that I am, I had a good ride on my spin bike tonight. I know this is not helping the psoas issue since I am sitting, and spinning my legs, fast, in a small arc of motion. The psoas just winds tighter and tighter.
I have been strtetching it, still, and still doing my abductor and adductor exercises, as if this balances out the "don't spin" part.
Time to get on the floor and stretch stretch stretch!!!

No comments: