Sunday, May 4, 2008

You Know its Not Going To Be A Good Day When......

for starters, you wake up with pain on the inside of your ASIS, on the hip that was operated on 10 months ago. When your back feels so stiff it hurts to lean forward. When you have 3 parties within 4 hours...and you are hosting one of them...and the guest list is comprised of twenty five 4 year olds.

My psoas has been giving me issues lately, on both sides, I think. It is hard to remember sometimes, although today we are talking of the left side. Operated only once in July 2007. Last night I began to diligently exercise adductors and abductors on both sides to help my "ailing" knee and "psychotic psoas". I also have been stretching the hip flexors a lot more lately. But this morning, I felt like I made a 9 month backtrack in muscular issues (Joint is still good, you can all breathe a sigh of relief, joint is actually amazing and I am super thrilled, which is why I save my muscular issue complaints for when they are really bad). My iliacus is a mess for some reason. Iliacus is the top portion of the combined muscle called "iliopsoas", iliacus+psoas=iliopsoas. It is found posterior to the ASIS and can be palpated by bringing your fingers just under the ASIS. I have not attempted to manually work on it, but have been stretching it as much as possible (all hip flexors). I stretched before I took L to ballet, after I picked her up from ballet, while she was at a ballet birthday party, and before we left to go to her birthday party! I still have a lot of pain localized to that area. It is an improvement from this morning, I think I could almost feel it pulling on my vertebrae, and that is why my back was bothering me. The stretching seemed to have helped with that a lot.

L's party was at Gymboree and I have never seen so much chaos in my life. The 2 teachers (we had to pay extra and hire a second one bc we had so many kids) were useless. They could not run the party and it ended up being mostly free play. For some reason, walking barefoot on the mats made my bad knee crazy, and then once we got home, it starting having shooting pains.

We just unwrapped all the presents, cleaned the living room and put the kiddies to bed!
I am praying that tomorrow is a better day(probably less fun, but hopefully less pain too!)

2 comments:

Jess said...

Hi Susie, how are you feeling now? You're such a busy body! Take it easy :-)

Susie said...

Not easy when you have a daughter who is 4, going on 14, or somedays even 40! I have to post abt the latest hip stuff but J's knee took precedence today, especially since he asked if I would blog about him!