Wednesday, March 10, 2010

How Akward Is This

Yesterday, my good friend C called and told me that she had hurt her back, and was wondering if I could help her, and if I wanted to go to Target. Of course I said yes (to both). Around 7:00 she called to see if I was ready to go, I was, just had to change...until I went to pick something off of the floor and boom- my hip subluxed and totally threw my a curve ball. It hasn't subluxed "that much" since I have been more aware of the problem. I have been really careful and usually, once I feel the tiniest amount of sliding, I somehow manage to guard and not allow ti to sublux. Last night I couldn't. Within minutes, I was in a ton of pain. I called C back and had to explain why I could no longer fix her back or go to Target: "Ummm...I need to re-schedule, my hip kinda dislocated and it hurts a lot now...can you do tomorrow?" I think I should start taking my MRI Valium NOW!

6 comments:

Sloan said...

Hi Suzy. What a pain. I remember my hip kind of doing that but I did not feel pain, I felt just weird. The orth told me that it was normal. Now it does not do it anymore.

Jess said...

Oh, CRAP! :-( That doesn't sound good.
Just out of curiosity. Didn't BK take some more off your femur last he was in there to "be sure"? If so, do you/he think maybe too much has been taken off and that could contribute? (I have a mental image of it rattling around in the socket eep). I doubt he'd ever admit it but I hope that's not the case.
All the best with the MRI, take your sleepy drugs and have sweet dreams :)
Thinking of you xxx

Anonymous said...

Oh Suzy =( My heart goes out to you. I feel so bad. I am going to be at BKs next week as well..maybe i'll run into you!

SHC said...

OK...time I asked this...

Is your OS 150% sure there is nothing that is causing your hip to sublux (aka, act as a fulcrum and make it lever out of joint) which may have even contributed to continued intra-articular tearing and added stress/issue with the joint capsule???

So sorry to hear about yet another setback for you...you need to also ask him to check on MRI to see if your hip is currently subluxed without undue clinical distraction...which could tell A LOT.

SHC

SHC said...

Susie, also ask him if he knows Dr. Steven Olson at Duke and if he would get his opinion on your MRI. Or, you can always email him directly. I think it would be well worth it for you at this point.

SHC

Susie said...

Thanks everyone! The MRI is this Wed and I have a lot of questions. My thoughts are that it is most likely a soft tissue thing rather than a bony thing, most likely related to the capsule. Depending on what it shows and what we discuss at my appt, I may be looking to get a second opinion on it. Since I have no clue what I am dealing with, I will have to wait for the mri results.
Anonymous- when is your appt? I am going Fri morning, and which of the many "anonymous" are u?!?!?!