Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Good News and Bad News

This is what I told J I had for him when I left PT today. He wanted to hear the bad news first.

Bad News: my hip is pretty f--ked up. My PT has never seen anyone with my issue, meaning someone who has so much instability following a capsule repair. He is not really sure what to do but is not giving up. In the meantime, he gave me one simple exercise to do at home. I see BK in 2 1/2 weeks so until then, this is it. My pain has been excruciating at times. Yesterday I had a 2 hour meeting and thought I was going to die when I left. This is just like pre-op, when I go to work I have pain. I am going to email BK tonight to see if he has any thoughts.

Good News: I had no co-pay at PT because he felt so bad for me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are emailing him. I don't think you can go two more weeks without having some sort of conversation with him about what is going on in that hip of yours.

I hope your PT can provide you with some relief. It sounds like he is definitely trying to do what is best for you.

Anonymous said...

Wow. So I came across your blog when trying to find information on pregnancy after having arthroscopic hip surgery, and I was very interested. I was also relieved, mainly because there is someone else out there dealing with this too and all the hardships/frustration that accompany inner hip pain!

My ordeal stemmed from being rear-ended at a high speed by someone that was paying more attention to their cell phone than the road in front of them. And here I am 2 years later, 26 years old, and only 2 1/2 months post-op. Depending on the pain that I experience any given day determines whether I am "with crutch" or "without". Some days (as you already know) the pain can simply drive you crazy!

I was at PT today and was discussing pregnancy with my therapist who told me that it was best to wait "at least 9 months from the date of your surgery". Needless to say, this is not what I wanted to hear. My husband and I have already put off children by 2 years (as well as snowboarding, biking, hiking, etc.), because of this consuming injury and I refuse to let this dictate my life much longer. With that being said, aside from your terrible nausea, how did your hips hold up throughout the pregnancy? Any tips on how to mitigate the hip pain?

Anyway, as you know, a positive/reasonable attitude (which you clearly have) is the biggest part on the road to recovery. I know you can feel beat down time and time again (especially when dealing with shady insurance companies), but hang in there, things will improve.

Wishing you the best!


Gabby