Sunday, March 7, 2010

And The Nightmare Continues...

I got a response to the email I sent to my OS. He was at a meeting with my PT and they were discussing my unfortunate turn of events. He first wants me to get an MRI...this will be my 5th MRI in 3 years...did I mention I am claustrophobic??
All I keep thinking is that this is not going the way I had hoped...at 14 weeks post op, I am not supposed to be having MRI's, or depressing email conversations with my OS...what went wrong???? Why is this happenning????

3 comments:

Meeegs said...

You will have tied my MRI total! But BK doesn't make you get arthrograms with them too, does he...

I wish I had something encouraging to say but am a little worried I'll be headed down a similar path at some point in the not-so distant future.

Susie said...

Megan, I am always doing something "ground breaking"!! No, no arthrogram, but the possibility of prolotherapy....ugh!

Anonymous said...

I had an arthroscopic labral repair that has been a total nightmare. After 5 months, I am miserable. I was told that I would be back to work in 3 to 6 monts. I do not know if I will ever walk normally again. I went to a different surgeon. He says that if physical therapy does not work, then my only other option is a hip replacement. I do not want this so I am trying to endure the pt. My advice to anyone considerint this surgery is not to do it. It cost me a lot of money, and it made me feel worse than before the surgery. Worse yet, the radiologist that originally read my MRI misread the MRI and said that I had a small anterior tear, and it turned out to be a large posterior tear. Four surgeons and the radiologist read it wrong. It makes me wonder if doctors can read MRIs at all. I have had a few surgeries in my life, but this has been the most miserable one ever. I wish I would have had hip replacement or open hip surgery instead.