Thursday, October 22, 2009

Let The Waiting Game Begin

It has been 6 days since the Synvisc injection. I hurt. It has not helped. I am not happy. In fact, the pain has been worse since before the injection. Why do I always get so lucky!

BK wants me to wait it out a little longer....which is fine, given the alternative, but my feeling is is this going to get better? I don't want to waste any more time, this has been going on since June already. It is starting to really drag on and it is really getting to me. I haven't had a good night's sleep in a while, I am up every few hours from anxiety. When I first went into practice, I was surprised at the number of patients who came to see me whose medication list included some sort of anti-depressant or anti-anxiety drug. It all makes sense now.

Yesterday was a beautiful day in NYC. I had a great afternoon with fellow hipster Carrie, who was in town seeing BK following her 3rd surgery (2 scopes and 1 open). She is still having pain and inflammation post-op, and limping quite a bit. We walked around the city a bit at a leisurely pace. Towards the end of the walk, I had to ask her to slow down because I couldn't keep up. Sorry Carrie but that was so pathetic on my part!

About the Synvisc, I spoke with BKs nurse while Carrie was seeing him. She said another one of their patients had relief about 3 or 4 days after having it injected. BK thinks the cortisone can still kick in within the next few days.

Keep your fingers crossed!!!

3 comments:

Louisa B said...

Hey Susie, I wish you some luck you do need it.. any cortisone I ever have always takes approx 3 wks to kick in. I think for me perhaps because its an anti inflammatory and I just have more inflammation or a stronger inflammatory response than average.
Truly hope something comes along that does the trick.

Susie said...

Thnx Lousia! I hope it works!

Carrie said...

Omg, I literally just read this for the first time! I sort of remember this day, but so many things have happened since then. So crazy!