Thursday, April 17, 2008

You Would Think That By The 4th Time I Would Be Used To It

An MRI that is. Yes, today was my knee MRI, I work quickly. After a 1 1/2 hour wait (no exaggeration), they took me. At which point I was pissed off bc at my designated appointment time, they told the "appointment coordinator" was on the phone for me, she apologized profusely but said there was a "complication" with the patient in the MRI machine before me and there would be a 1 hour delay. So I patiently waited, 1 hour became 1 1/2. When I realized that the person in the MRI machine before me had walked into the facility after I had, after my "consolation" phone call", I realized I had been lied to and got pissed!

I didn't say anything to the technician since I didn't want to piss off the person who would be controlling the "torture tube". I figured I would be ok this time, even though MRI 2 and 3 were by no means a picnic. Mainly a bad cold during MRI #2 left me feeling like I couldn't breathe and leaving my "this close" to a panic attack.

I made sure my head would be out of the tube, which he said it would be, but not exactly. There is the tube but on the outside of the tube is a larger opening which to me is still a tube. So I get my headphones on with my own music, I close my eyes, and my heart begins to race. Oh no, I am actually going into a panic attack. Slow deep breaths....I end up calming myself down and continue with my breathing. Luckily, a knee MRI is only about 20 minutes and I survived! Then off to pay my exorbitant parking bill!!!!

I am packing, we are going to Miami tomorrow for a week and a half!!!

5 comments:

Jess said...

Well done, you got through it! Can't wait to read the results, have a great holiday!

Susie said...

I am hoping to have the report today. ther eceptionist asked me if I wanted the results faxed to another doctor besides Dr Kelly, I said sure, please fax it to my PT, just write "attn: Susie" hahaha, lets see if they do it!!!

Anonymous said...

you are as bad as me at getting and reading your own reports!!! i have found myself (too often) trying to hold mri's up to the light in my car after picking up the films (like i would really know what i am looking at anyhow). please let us know what the results are....since i seem to be following right in your footsteps i would also love to know what is wrong with MY knee, LOL. i still think mine is a meniscus, however. point tenderness at the medial aspect of the joint. enjoy the warm weather of miami!! you are too lucky....trip to miami, the ring...i am jealous.
soccermom

MY PAO STORY said...

I just found your blog! I am now recovering from periacetabular osteotomy (Dr Millis in Boston). I had a hip scope done 5years ago - 2 weeks before I got pregnant for the first time! I feel your pain! Hip pain SUCKS - and no one understands unless they have it! Hope you are enjoying Miami! I live in Fort Myers - and LOVE the weather (I am a New England girl)!
Beth

Susie said...

Beth- misery loves company!! hahaha! I am actaully thrilled with the scope results, sorry yours didn't work out for you. This should be my last hip op for a long long time (I am pretty sure I will need a THR or resurfacing at some point but not for a LONG time)