Saturday, April 5, 2008

Click Clack Moo

That is the title of one of my favorite children's books in our "collection". It is about cows with a typewriter who demand electric blankets. Each time I read it I get a smile on my face. I highly recommend it for those of you with kids (I read it to Jk, he is 2).

Lately, when I read this book, it reminds me of my right hip. See, I have started getting into Pilates. I actually really like it alot. The only issue is that some of the moves, especially with my legs straight when I am on my back, cause my right hip to click. It is my psoas. Hahaha!! I know what you are thinking. Don't worry, it is painless clicking, but I do actually feel the psoas snapping over "stuff". No, I am not getting it released. I think that even if it was a "problem" and became painful, pride would prevent me from EVER getting it released (newer readers check out posts from October and November of 2007 to get my feelings on releasing psoas).

I have had it click every now and then. The left one clicks when I sit on a low stool or chair, or the toilet sometimes. I was doing a move on Wednesday night, you lie on your back, legs straight and up in the air, separate the legs a little, circle them around, then bring them low and together, and finish with them bent at your chest. Every time I circle them, the psoas clicks. It is more annoying than anything. Maybe something I will just have to get used to.

In the end, the cows give up their typewriters in exchange for electric blankets, the duck acts as the neutral party, exchanging notes between the farmer and the cow. The last page of the book is a picture of the ducks in their pond, the page reads "Click Clack Quack".

1 comment:

Jess said...

I laughed when I read the title and before I even read the post haha I thought oh my goodness, what is coming next lol Sounds like a great book! Hope the clicks stay painless for you! Mine clicks with flexion, so sitting down to dinner or bending over can get a few odd looks from people who are trying to figure out where it's coming from lol