Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Week in Review

There is no place like home! We were in Miami for a week and a half, it was great but it is also great to be home!
The trip began with my (not so) quick MRI the night before, getting the results, L's 4th b-day party and a long trip home!
Last we spoke, my knee "issue" was TBD, possible MCL, as seen on MRI, or muscle imbalances, but I am to strengthen and stay off of my spin bike. I still think it is "joint related".

I have been off the bike for 2 weeks, the knee was ok, yesterday I was thinking that staying off of the bike was helping but this morning it was back to normal. So I was feeling unbelievably fat from lack of spinning and lots of eating (Jewish holidays=food) so I rode. I hurt, but I cannot directly attribute it to the bike.
L's party was great, its no wonder my kids love going to my parent's house, check out the BEST 4 year old party ever.







I never had a bounce house or ponies at my b-day parties!!!

While we were away, J had to come home for a day for work. The day before he was to leave, he received an email from the parking company where we leave our car at the airport. It turns out, they needed to move our car to an overflow lot since we were gone for so long, in the process, they left the car illegally parked for "a few moments" and it was ticketed and towed, due to some unpaid tickets (oops).
So, J had to go from the airport to one office in Queens to pay for the tow, tickets, storage fee, marshall fee and judgement fee, then go to Brooklyn to pick up the car! The parking company felt so bad they drove him to all of those places, paid all the fees minus the actual tickets, and gave us free parking for the entire duration of the trip (that is a HUGE savings here). It sucked that it happened but I count my lucky stars that J went to retrieve the car alone than with all of us in tow, especially after yesterdays adventure.

We flew non-stop, through DC (don't ask). We left Miami on time and made it to DC with time to spare to catch the connection. Initially, the flight was delayed an hour. We boarded, pulled away from the gate and were told we would have to sit on the runway bc Laguardia was slowing down traffic. We sat for 2 hours, then they pulled us back to the gate bc there were 6 kids on a 40-50 seater plane...not happy kids. We ended up arriving around 4PM (left Miami at 8AM), then I realized I left L's sweater on the plane. One more hour in the airport, we finally left, without the sweater, and all I could think was :thank goodness the car is here, waiting for us!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah!!! you made it home. i think by august i will be ready for a bounce in that thing along with the pony ride (poor pony, though)
soccermom