Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Sigh of Relief

I kept my appointment, thank you for all of your encouragement! Dr. Kelly was pleased to hear that my hips great. He does NOT think I tore my meniscus bc I have tenderness at the joint line in conjunction with pain above and below the joint line. He thinks that a meniscus tear would present with pain at the joint line only. Also bc of the way my knees are angled, and the fact that it started with an MCL sprain (while rehabbing after my 3rd hip arthroscopy...of course I had to throw that one in)!

He said I can get an MRI and we can proceed from there. I asked what he did think it was, he said possible pes anserine issues or a capsular tear "which he can repair with a few sutures" to which I said HELL NO. I got up and joked that now I was going to be messed up for the rest of the day, but I was serious bc after the exam I was in serious pain...so he then insisted on the MRI. So off I go tomorrow, for the MRI, in the city again.

On a side note, many thanks to J for saving us the parking expense! Thanks to our teamwork, I arrived in the city, put the car at a 1 hour meter with a couple of quarters, and then J picked up the car and took it home. I managed to get home with hipster Amy (who also had an appt today, so we double teamed again) on public trasnportation!

I also wanted to mention a HUGE thank you to J, who has just replaced my missing engagement ring, it has been missing since August, when L took it. It is beautiful.

Now if I could only find time for a manicure!!!!

No comments: