Tuesday, February 12, 2008

3 Months Post-op Hip Arthroscopy Revision

I was on the phone with hipster Amy tonight. We have a 'date' tomorrow at Dr. Kelly's office, for her 2 week follow-up and my 3 month follow-up. The topic of conversation turned to successful surgeries! Finally, someone who can understand my joy and elation, and smiles when no one else knows why. Joining us on our date will be 'L', who loves bones. I promised her she could see my x-rays, she is ecstatic.

Since my life has returned to pre-hip issue status for the most part, my old knee issues have returned. Way back in college and PT school, I had such bad knee pain, I had to ice after each ride. I am approaching this again. I really can't handle another orthopaedic issue right now, or ever! The good thing is the knee pain doesn't make me crazy, or do crazy things! I need to ice and get a grip on this, before it gets out of control.

J has been away on business, he was in Mexico last week. He decided to come home early tonight, conveniently missing bath and bed time for the kids, but early enough to want to know what I had made for dinner. His bright idea of the night came as he was watching a Tivo'd episode of The Biggest Loser. "Why don't you gain a ton of weight so that we can go on the 'couples' version together". For those of you not familiar with The Biggest Loser, it is a reality TV show featuring heavy contestants who battle to lose the most weight in the season. He is obsessed with it, and wants to go on it, but not alone. So, his idea is for me to join him! Fat chance!

Highlights from tomorrow's visit to follow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

goodluck at your appt. i am so glad you have 2 good hips...i am half way there! hope your little one gets to see lots of "bones"!