Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Look Inside My Head

As I have been telling you, I have been in a lot of pain. I have had a lot of free time on my hands lately and just a little too much time to think about things. Why does my hip continue to return to being painful? What are we missing? Is it possible that too much bone was taken down from my right hip? There is definitely more bone on my left hip and my left hip is great. I did ask my PT last week but I think I made him uncomfortable with that question. It's a tough question, an uncomfortable question. But it had to be asked and I had to get it out there.
I broke down on Monday and emailed my OS. I know something is not right with my hip, I'm having a lot of joint pain, in the groin and the back of the joint. At times the pain is unbearable. We spoke tonight and he immediately blamed my dysfunctional muscles. He wants me doing more PT ( my PT only works every other week right now) and getting more hands on treatment. We got around to discussing the bones and comparing both sides, and I just came out and asked him if it's possible that too much none was taken down from my right hip, resulting in all of these issues. In a nutshell, he doesn't think so but wants me to get new bilateral CT scans to really see what the 2 sides look like and compare them. We finished the conversation with him assuring me that we both have the same goals in mind, to get my hip to stop hurting and to keep me out of the OR. I replied to him that I want him out of my life just as much as he wants me out of his life!!!

1 comment:

Kate.Mich said...

Hi Susie -

I am sorry you are still having so much pain. I can understand how confused you must be after going through surgery so many times. Why do you think too much bone was taken off? Does your hip feel unstable?