Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Concussion In My Hip

That is what I am feeling. According to WebMd, a concussion is a type of traumatic brain injury that is caused by a blow to the head or body, a fall, or another injury that jars or shakes the brain inside the skull. I feel like my hip is in a constant battle inside the joint, slamming into the front and back side of the joint, causing groin pain or butt pain. I can address one but then the other returns.

My PT has taught me how to get the femoral head back inside the socket, or at least to move it back a little and it alleviates the groin pain. But what has been happening is that the posterior pain returns and the anterior muscles go crazy, the spasms I have been having are breathtakingly painful. I have been taking Baclofen like candy the past few days to try to get some control over this. The spasm go into my back as well so along with hip pain I have developed back pain too. I'm going to try to not do the repositioning exercise today and see what happens.

I am supposed to speak to my OS on Tuesday to go over the results of the bilateral CT scan that I had last week. I will keep you posted.

No comments: