Thursday, March 29, 2012

CT Discussion

I spoke with my OS a few nights ago to go over the CT scan. Overall everything is pretty normal (will post numbers soon). My right hip is a tad more shallow than my left but still normal. The right is also a little more retroverted than the left, but within normal. He still stands by his theory that the problem is a neuromuscular control issue and more/ more consistent PT should help. I am seeing a new therapist since my PT has drastically cut back his days/ hours and I can't see him on a consistent basis. My OS said he would come to PT the next day to speak with my new PT and go over things with her.

My new PT initially had to undo the damage from last week, get me out of spasm and realigned. Then she worked on core control and glute control, saying I don't fire my muscles in the proper order unless she cues me to. She did release some of my hip muscles a little bit, including my psoas, iliacus and obterator. It didn't change the level of joint pain. It was discouraging that some simple exercises increased the joint pain. My OS came by and once again discussed my hip angles, assured me he didn't take down too much bone and reinforced his theory about the neuromuscular control. The plan is to see this PT for 4 weeks in a consistent basis and see what is happening at that point.

1 comment:

Hotchickie said...

I have to say your hip problems sounds strikingly similar to mine! I too had labral reconstruction and am still having difficulties. My surgeon thinks my problem is either neuromuscular control or scar tissue formation. I have to do regular exercises at home specifically chosen by him to get the hip moving and to continue PT for three more months before we see if I need further surgery.

This is exhausting, eh? But hang in there!!!