Saturday, March 3, 2012

3 months post op


It has been 1 1/2 weeks since my prp injection to my hamstring and 3 months since my surgery. Initially after the prp injection I had soooo much pain. It has resolved and I am finally feeling better from it. Hopefully over the next few weeks/ months it will continue to help.

My hip had been consistently getting better and I seem to be having a set back at the moment. It is very hard for me to deal with this given my poor history with "issues" with this hip. When I had the prp injection the physiatrist commented that he thought some of my issues were partly a result of having Crohns disease and difficulty healing and being more prone to tendinitis.

A lot of the pain I had pre op has returned in the last week or 2. I am also having a ton of clicking and clunking, same as I had before this surgery. I'm not sure what is going on but I am extremely unhappy with this. I am tired if being in pain and this has become unbearable at times. My OS told me to give it 6-9 months before things are fully healed. I return to PT this week and hopefully it will bring me back to where I was before.

No comments: