Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Post op Appointment x 5

I saw my OS yesterday, he is extremely happy with the way I am looking. I actually think he was pleasantly surprised to see me looking so much better than last week. He showed me the pics from my surgery (op report to follow). He is also really happy that my joint and cartilage look so good, despite having been in there 4 times already. He created me a new labrum with a semitendinosis allograft. At this point the most important thing is to protect the graft. I have to avoid extreme flexion and external rotation. At this time he wants me on crutches another 2 weeks and wearing my brace another 2 weeks.
He is also on board with me taking care of my shoulder in a few weeks. He thinks it makes sense to just get it all taken care of at once. So I will have the shoulder surgery on January 9th.
Things are coming along slowly. But I think that slow And steady is the way to go with this surgery.

No comments: