Thursday, December 8, 2011

Having a Meltdown

Today has really been a challenging day for me. I woke up with all my nerve pain all over again. I know it's only been a week since surgery, and I don't know what I really expected, and I know in the past I have always gone through a rough patch. On top of this I can't get my mind off of the upcoming shoulder surgery. I had a long talk abt it with another hip friend last night, what she said was extremely helpful. She said no one else is going to understand. No one else gets it. You have to ignore the stupid comments and get over it. It's good advice for any of us in these situations. And of course, the worst possible comment is "you must like having surgery"
I texted my PT early today bc I am freaking out about the nerve pain coming back. His suggestion was avoid ankle pumps, avoid prone knee bend and go back on Lyrica. I am really not a fan of Lyrica and was thrilled when my OS told me I could come off of it. I guess I have to suck it up and stick with it bc my pain was great while I was on it

4 comments:

Hotchickie said...

Thinking of you! I am having my labrum rebuilt in 3.5 weeks too. I hope the nerve pain gets better and things settle down for you. Happy healing!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. Hip surgery is a long haul surgery. Love the comment about liking having surgery. I thought you do it for the cute surgical socks...both the ones they give you to wear during the procedure and the knee-highs you have to wear afterward. Good grief, people are mean.

CJ - long-time reader of your blog

Anonymous said...

Oh - and the post-surgery sleeping device. Now THAT'S a reason to have hip surgery.

I really hope you get some relief soon.

CJ

Unknown said...

I am thinking about you and hoping things start to get better!!! Hopefully you will look back on this as a little speed bump. But for now, feel free to complain as much as you need!