Tuesday, December 27, 2011

26 days post-op

I feel the need to apologize to my readers who have come to expect detailed accounts of my recoveries and experiences. I guess with 3 kids aged 7,6 and almost 3, I just don't have the time. Keep in mind that at my first surgery I had 2 kids aged 1 and 2, yes, they are busy ages as well but there was no homework, after school classes, projects etc. 
At 26 days things are going a lot slower than I had hoped. I am still on 2 crutches, desperately  trying to get down to 1. I am using my brace when outside the house and trying to wean off of meds. I am still on Lyrica 2x/day for nerve pain. It is a lot better and I am trying to go to 1. I had to stop Mobic because I went into a horrible Crohns flare up. I occasionally take 1/2 Percocet at night to hep me sleep. I have a lot of pain in 2 out of 3 of my incisions, I'm not really sure why. They look good, have closed up but have a hard, marble like piece of scar tissue under the surface. I have been to PT a few times but am in miami now for 10 days so won't be going until I get home. 
PT until now has included quad sets, glut sets, bridges, prone quad/abs/glute sets, hand heel rocks, bike, gentle shoulder theraband exercises with 25/75 weight bearing. At my last session we added stool rotations but at my own discretion I have stopped them. ROM is not my goal at this point and I don't want to push it. I am concerned that I already have regained too much ER so I don't need  more. 
I am extremely annoyed bc I still have posterior hip pain and pain with sitting and quite frankly it is a pain in the ass. I haven't addressed it w my OS as I just want to give it more time and there isn't anything he can do abt it. If I stay in bed I feel pretty good but when I do any amount of activity I get pain, mostly in the area of the incisions and occasionally it will move medially to the groin. I am using Lidoderm patches in that area, idk if they help or not though. 
I am flying home alone with the 3 kids so I need to be much better in 8 days! Keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments: