Sunday, April 3, 2011

And The Saga Continues

Monday was my cortisone injection, Tues-Thurs were a little bit better. I went for a session of reflexology on Thursday afternoon, since it usually helps relax me, and my nerves have been shot lately, Ive never had so much anxiety in my life. I was speaking to the massage therapist about my "issues", and he thought I should get a massage. My muscles are in horrible spasm, I kind of wanted a massage but was scared of getting one because in my mind, the muscles are in spasm for a reason. I texted my PT, he said to ice and tape my hip. I really cant tape it on my own, and I cant stay in bed all day with ice. I texted him again on Friday morning and asked if I should just get a massage to ease up the spasm. He called me back and said that a deep tissue massage would be a bad idea, but a lighter massage may help. I told him that if one more person at work asked me if I was ok, if I should be working, if I should be doing this, I was going to scream. He gave me permission to punch the next person in the face :-) He also, again, said I need pain meds! So he called my OS office and I got Ultram. I took one Ultram late Friday afternoon, it helped with the pain but not fully. so I decided to take another. Bad idea. I could barely get off the couch, I was so dizzy and lightheaded for the rest of the night, and I didn't sleep well. Saturday I took 1/2 of a pill and was less dizzy, but dizzy nonetheless. The good thing is that for me, a little goes a long way and it has really helped my pain. I don't want to take one today because it is L's b-day party in the afternoon and we have a lot to do, and I don't want to feel like crap. Icing also goes a long way for me, unfortunately its hard for me to find time to do it. The second I lie down with ice my kids either need my ice, need me to get up and do something, or decide to jump on my leg.

No comments: