Sunday, April 17, 2011

PT...Again

I had my latest PT appointment on Thursday, it was incredibly disappointing. I guess I am looking for a miracle and there really isn't a miracle out there at the moment. I said to my PT "so, he didn't know what to do with me so he dumped me on you", he agreed!!! He is at a loss, pretty much, and with his expertise, if he is at a loss, I am screwed!! He said he wants to treat it like an ACL/PCL injury in the knee, where all the stabilizing structures are gone. So we started with some gentle isometrics and proprioception exercises. I am going on vacation tomorrow so will continue to do them while I am away and see him when I get back. In the meantime, I deiced to explore some other options and contacted another PT who may have a different kind of approach. I am going to see her at some point as well when I get back from vacation. I hope she is more optimistic and can help me, bc I don't know how much more pain I can take at this point.

1 comment:

Kate.Mich said...

I hope you have a great vacation with your family and get some much deserved relaxation as much as possible!