Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Latest Appointment, Still No Answers

I saw my OS yesterday...he still doesn't really know what's going on. His best guess is that ligamentum teres is torn, which is why I am having so much posterior pain and so much trouble sitting, and that the capsule got stretched out, which is why I am having muscle spasms, to try to stabilize the hip. I have a lot of clicking going on, he initially said its prob psoas but then he actually heard it and said it is not psoas, sounds like intra articular clicking, maybe ligamentum teres...bottom line is he said avoid doing it! He also said that he was actually really upset that I had relief from the cortisone injection since it does mean that the problem is coming from the joint, he was hoping that it wouldn't help at all and we could address things outside of the joint. We discussed the drugs I have tried so far, Celebrex made my Crohn's disease flare up, and Ultram made me dizzy and crazy. "Lucky" for me, I brought J along with me for "support", my OS wanted to know how Ultram made me crazy, "basically, it turned me into a psychobitch", to which J added "well, it was hard to tell the difference from how she normally is". Thanks J, really appreciate the support :-) I made him compare my 2 MRIs side by side, to actually see if there was a change in the capsule, they both looked pretty good (one from this month and one from last year), so he doesn't think the capsule is actually torn. He wants me to go back to PT, gave me Baclofen for the muscle spasms, and see what's happening in a few weeks. He also wanted to give me a medrol dose pack for the pain but we ended up agreeing that it wasn't what I wanted bc of the very remote possibility that it can cause AVN. He wants me to be patient and try to work through it w PT and see what happens! When I came out of the room his PA was there, so I said to him "he basically has no idea what is going on", and he told me that my OS studied my mri so hard, trying to see a problem. "I guess I have really photogenic hips" I said So that's the story!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Just found your blog. I'm almost 4 months out from my hip arthroscopy.
I talk about it in my blog. I hate you're having such issues!!! I'll catch up more on your story soon...past midnight here and time for bed!
http://shelfster.blogspot.com/